nissan primera problems with acceleration

The car ran great for over a year. Seconds later, vehicle suddenly accelerated to 80 mph and hit a brick View Profile View Forum Posts View Articles Copy post link; Subscribe to this Thread 05-04-09 13:07. If your Sentra is too low on transmission fluid, itll will no longer be able to transfer power to the rear wheels. Failing oxygen sensor. if I let gas pedal the speed down to 55 mph and. Search Fixya. Nissan Xtrail. This is an inconsistent/random occurrence. The power goes to the torque converter, and thats the end of the line. skyline77. Posted by jonn m on Apr 30, 2012. You should check the transmission fluid immediately. The switch was failing and the trans did not get the signal that I had stopped. In April, my mother got into our Nissan Frontier, which was parked at a supermarket parking lot and ended up in a collision with 2 parked vehicles! Clogged air filter. The problem occurs when the vehicle does not seem to accelerate for a short period of time. Less common causes are faulty throttle position sensor (TPS), bad Question type: Maintenance & Repair.

340. mikehe47 answered 11 years ago. this car has no problem 0 QR20 02-17 70mm Diameter 6 PIN Square Type Throttle Body SERA576-01 16119-AE013 - TBO3027Toyota Quantum 2TR 2 Labor costs are estimated between $70 and $89 while parts are priced between $412 and $741 His Sentra is feul injected, so no need to hit the gas or floor the gas pedal to start the car, Acceleration got much slower out of nowhere. down the car accelerates intermittently. Secondly, and developing more recently, an overall loss in power. Average repair cost is $620 at 16,250 miles. A few months later, I tried a NAPA product called Engine Fast Flush. Browse Categories Answer Questions . Dirty throttle body can also be the cause of slow acceleration in your Nissan Altima. The common signs of dirty throttle body are poor engine performance, erratic idle, the engine react poorly to movements of the accelerator pedal, and the engine sputters or stalls. Rattling noise on reversing and starting the car. Faulty ignition coils or spark plugs. New 2014 Nissan Sentra, purchased at Nissan dealer, hanlee's hilltop Nissan, in richmond California, in 2014, accelerated out of control on January 8, 2015 causing injury to driver and occupant. Sometimes while the accelerator pedal is depressed the car simply stops accelerating.

Apr 11, 2015. I just figured it was Box 685003 Franklin, TN 37068-5003 or via e-mail at: [email protected] I finally took it to Nissan and after having my car 5 Every 2020 Nissan Sentra derives its go from a 149-hp 2 2000-2006 B15 Nissan Sentra Simply getting a throttle chamber from the dealer will most likely resolve your issue and it would and it would. Usually It's the radiator cap that is faulty.

poor acceleration on nissan primera - Nissan 2005 Primera 1.8 question. com, mainly located in Asia We all know that we have to make the best ratio of air and fuel in the engine in order Nissan runs smoothly 6 160000 miles Engine Fuel filter Trunk Power and acceleration 1996 nissan sentra 1 if i come to a stop, it would hold the RPM's at sensor safe throttle body cleaner? After anywhere from 3-10 seconds it will lurch forward and go. According to owners of Nissan Primera, some common problems experienced are loss of power when accelerating 3K RPM's. Around 8500 miles on the truck.

when i indicate the engine hunts in time with the inicator. Dirty throttle body. Problem: It is common for the Primera to have problems with the gearbox. Zimbabwe, Mashonaland East, Harare. Search: Nissan Sentra Throttle Body Problems. hope someone can help please. 1999 Nissan Primera Hesitation problem. If your coolant system looks fine and there are no leaks, then its going to be the head gasket. It is common for the Primera to have problems with the gearbox. The main problem is for the 5th gear to slip out as soon as you press your foot on the accelerator. The power goes to the torque converter, and thats the end of the line.

Nissan Altima (betto rodrigues / Shutterstock) The most common causes for slow acceleration in Nissan Altima are clogged air filter, dirty mass air flow sensor (MAF), clogged fuel filter, fuel pump malfunction, faulty oxygen sensor, dirty throttle body, worn spark plugs and clogged catalytic converter. Clogged engine oil filter. My dad purchased a new 2013 Nissan Frontier 4wd in June 2013. You add it to your oil, run the engine for 5 minutes, then change the oil. 2001 Nissan Primera. Quick back story, the truck is a 2004 crew cab with 144000 miles, and the only mod is a basic cold air intake that was on the truck when I bought it. 11037 views. Search Fixya. Start the engine and let it warm up until the normal working temperature, that is when the radiator fans start working. The position sensors of the engine management system are probably faulty, which caused a recall of Primeras built between January 1999 and September 2002. You can order a replacement sensor from our online store and replace the faulty one easily. I have a nissan primera 1.8 petrol 04 reg. The transmission above is a rear wheel drive, 4 speed automatic 7i 2005- 6 PIN Small Intake Throttle Body OE 22030-7502 0 22030-0C020 - TBO3012Renault Clio III Kangoo Megane In some applications, transmission shift timing relies on signal outputs from the throttle body Get Your Nissan/Datsun Sentra Throttle Body System from AutoZone So if you know the problem of your Want Answer 0 it appears to be a design problem , i had the same problem twice in 2 years. 2. Every so often our 1999 Nissan Primera Camino loses acceleration power. Clogged fuel filter. When you shut the vehicle off for about 10 + minutes, the car cranks quite a bit because it isn't getting fuel Choose top quality brands A1 Cardone, Dorman, Hitachi, SKP, Spectra Premium, Standard Motor Products, TRQ, TechSmart STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR:HINGE AND ATTACHMENTS Address throttle position sensor It is also known for difficulties to occur when engaging reverse. Sep 2, 2013. While backing out of driveway a loud noise occurred followed by fumes from under the hood. We had the same problem when we removed & cleaned the throttle unit.on ours It would only idle at 1500- 2000 rpm until reset. And it seems to vibrate most severly when driving in 4th gear under 3k rpm. No engine light no codes no mods. 3. I bought my 2014 Sentra in September 2015, shortly after I kept noticing acceleration was at times, hard to get going. i.e. it works fine when the lights are not on but when i put the side lights on it wont accelerate above 2 and a half thousand revs so in top gear wont go above 40 mph. The main problem is for the 5th gear to slip out as soon as you press your foot on the accelerator. Only show this user. Acceleration is likelier to re-engage if the pedal is let up & pressure applied again. Accelerator pedal position sensor malfunction, engine hard starting and no response from accelerator pedal. Probably happens 1 time out of 10 or so. Rear left light and indicator does not work. I have a 4.0L 6 speed 2007. First, accelerating up to and beyond 3500-4000 rpm, the engine seems to hang back at this point and not accelerate any more UNLESS you plant your foot, then it will continue to accelerate, but reluctantly. when driving and pass the 60 mph and 2500 rpm lose acceleration. If you haven't gotten any coolant drips under the car, and you don't appear to be losing coolant, then it's most likely the cap. Maintenance/Repairs. Beginning last year & intermittently since, our above listed vehicle began having acceleration problems. Transmission Fluid Low. the engine management light is not on and there is no fault codes stored. Search: Nissan Sentra Throttle Body Problems. This most often happens in the first 3 kms of a drive. I put it in manual shift mode and started out in first gear and accelerated and

Here are the most common cause of acceleration with the RPMs going up: 1. A driver is at a stop. The 5th gear problem seems to be the main gearbox concern for the Primera. You should check the transmission fluid immediately. 2002 Nissan Primera. Transmission Fluid Low. It seems to have developed in two parts. Clogged catalytic converter. Sep 28, 2007 (Edited) Hi. The 2013 Nissan Sentra has 2 problems reported for loss of speed, no acceleration. system September 18, 2013, 6:59pm #1. Browse Categories Poor acceleration on nissan primera - 2005 Nissan Primera 1.8. Cruise the highway you should be 15-22 depending on throttle, but if you are approaching a hill and you throttle up a tad and your vacuum climbs down to zero without going WOT and maintaining a constant percentage of the TPS, then you have a clog. Here are the possible causes of acceleration problems in Nissan Maximas: Failing or dirty mass airflow sensor. The RPMs drop accordingly. Re: Acceleration problem (goin' rogue) The problem was a stop switch that tells the transmission that the car has stopped and must resume movement in a lower range in the transmission. It only does it when the engine is under load. It worked great. Search: Nissan Sentra Throttle Body Problems. Dealer people said -no problems found. The service engine light even went out after about a day. See if you can borrow or rent one. The vehicle accelerated on its own and struck into a wall with enough force to cause airbags to deploy. On occasion he has issues with acceleration in that he steps on the gas to go (from a full stop), or steps on the gas to speed up (and pass) and the accelerator does not respond. It tends to happen more when the car is cold, but not always. 30 Car Accelerates On Its Own problem of the 2001 Nissan Altima. 2)I ruled out the transmission not being able to downshift. Lliona Mlauzi. It has been reported heavily on the 2016 Nissan Altima, though others have noted it previously as well. Asked by edels82 Nov 19, 2013 at 04:52 PM about the 2001 Nissan Altima GXE. Oct 23, 2013. Posted on Oct 28, 2010. Nissan Sentra acceleration problem. Mark helpful. It had 108000 miles when I bought it. if I keep the gas pedal. Finally, the car gets up to speed and then runs good as gold. It is known on the Primera to have starting problems. The usual cause of these problems is a fault with the crank angle sensor. You will need to fit a replacement crank angle sensor to fix the problem. If your Armada is too low on transmission fluid, itll will no longer be able to transfer power to the rear wheels. The idle setting on the computer needs to be reset by a Nissan Dealer. Mark helpful. New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch. Going along with what Jserrano said, you can check for an exhaust restriction with a vacuum gauge. Basically like starting in 4th gear from a dead stop. 1. I have a 2003 nissan primera P12. LUKEMCF MEMBER; 1999 NISSAN PRIMERA; 120,546 MILES; Intermittently the engine loses power or hesitates when accelerating. One of the most common complaints from owners regarding the Nissan Altima, in general, is the problem of delayed acceleration. 34 people found this helpful. I have a Nissan Primera 1.8sx petrol '55' plate. 1)With the engine in neutral or park it will rev fine all the way up. Switch the engine off and wait for 5 seconds. Thanks for watching! The hesitation, loss of power and lack of accelaration stopped immediately.

But the truck accelerates maybe at 70% of what it was. nissan, frontier. When trying to accelerate hesitation can last anywhere betwen 1 second and as high as 15 seconds of not being able to accelerate. Here are the most common cause of acceleration with the RPMs going up: 1. This problem first reared it's ugly head two years ago and was apparently solved with a replacement circuit board of some description somewhere and all has been fine since then. The most common causes for slow acceleration in Nissan Maxima are clogged air filter, dirty mass air flow sensor (MAF), clogged fuel filter, fuel pump malfunction, faulty oxygen sensor, dirty throttle body, worn spark plugs and clogged catalytic converter. 10,000 miles. Turn the ingition switch until the indicator lights turn on, and wait 3 seconds. My problem is the car stops accelerating after you have travelled say for at - Nissan 2003 Primera question. 4. Nissan Primera accelerator problem ? When you put your foot down, instead of accelerating like normal, acceleration is very slow.

revolut prepaid card where to buy