benelli supernova firing pin problems

The best part is that you wont need a gunsmith to mount this sidesaddle onto your shotgun. to make a long story short i stripped the gun down only to discover that the roll pin that holds the ejector plate and spring in the receiver had fallen out. Dear sir, (nock on wood). I use Modified choke when penalty targets are close to the scoring targets, Full choke when penalty targets very close to the scoring targets and on longer distances. Take the whole thing apart. \r\r\rI'm not good shotgun shooter, but this is far beyond being bad shot:\r\rMy Benelli Supernova gives me all sorts of problems since I got it. Call the Benelli USA customer service department at (301) 283-6981 (option 2) or (800) 264-4962 (option 2) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Didnt have any problems with it for a very long time. Sometimes a two foot level is not handy, but usually there's some ground around. But I still like pump-action shotguns more than semi-autos :) So lots of new posts about my home-defense Remington 870 are coming soon. Have you tried magpul short action bars? Asked the benelli guy on the phone if that might be the cause but he claimed that the bolt being loose was common and shouldn't be a problem. One of the best upgrades for Benelli shotguns or any other vented rib barrel shotguns. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tips, tricks, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! Double feeds are also common problem after that number of shots. It is too cheap not to have a spare one. 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. What is good about it? The first, and the worst, is when two shells are released from the magazine at the same time, causing both to jam in line on the floor of the receiver, locking up the bolt. Combined with an obstructed chamber/barrel and I could see all kinds of bad things happening. The round has been hit clearly but not hard enough. I read everywhere how reliable and dureable Benelli Supernova are and I just can not believe it is about same thing that gives me so hard time. All the force should be delivered downward onto the forearm. Advice: always store your Benelli Supernova shotgun with hammer down, this will prolong the life of the hammer spring and hammer spring cap. This gel pad is softer and designed specially for right hand shooters. Please note that I use birdshot with short hull, this enables me to load even more shotshells into a magazine. A note to every firearm owner who does not want to experience this same problem. Thats it! I even forgot I made it. And this would be stupid to have less shotshells than allowed. Should I Sell It? I have already had article about Light Primer Strike on shotguns. Back to the truck for the old Nova. For example, I love my short Remington 870 because it is easier to manuevre with it in close quarters but on competitions I need longer barrel for low recoil ammunition to be able to hit targets on a longer distances. This follower fits Benelli Nova, Nova Tactical & Super Nova in 12 Gauge. Too much lube 2. If you notice two shells in line, first use your right hand to hold the action fully open, thereby relieving pressure on the shells. No matter the product, whether hunting related or not, you're going to find people that had positive and negative experiences with it. One problem was broken firing pin, so added it to the list too. This firing pin is perfect. I'm going to order it from beneli and let you know what happens. It is lighweight and reliable. I wonder what hit the primer to ignite it. Says dust and powder residue is bad for collecting around the firing pin and spring. I do not have on video most mysterious one, when action jammed half way on feeding and I was unable to move it even after removing barrel and removing trigger group was impossible (in desperation I moved it by hammering on forearm). I was always curious to see whats inside! A hunting buddy says his has started doing it as well. Sign up with your email to be notified when this product is back in stock! This is fantastic set for competition shooting. oh man,, don't say that,,, I like my beat up Franchi Affinity,,, getting ready to dip it some, tired of the black look. 116.204.182.155 Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Nordic Components magazine extension support clamp is a must have if you use such long magazine extension as me. Another thing to consider is that you can load additional rounds immediately after the start signal. #5. Another my friend had Firing Pin Retaining Pin broken but I think its not a common problem. What's up with that? I chosen the longest +7 rounds magazine extension. Having a rough idea of the geometry involved in the hammer hitting the firing pin, if it was that far out of battery I don't even think the hammer could reach the firing pin. 828U 04-2020.pdf (16.67 MB) For: 828 U Shotguns, 828 U Limited Edition. And after your article picture is crystal clear. It was obvious that the firing pin was not hitting the primer - some shell were barely dented. What issues do newer ones have? Then stick your finger into the port just enough to depress the shell-release lever on the side of the receiver to release the second shell. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Your IP: I made this thread after being awake about 38 hours straight. On a pump gun, simply pump the action without changing your grip on the gun. This happened to one of the shooters on shotgun competition. My friend from Poland told me that they bought several Benelli Supernova shotguns for their shooting club. But in an emergency, you should know how to do it because it works. Here's a tip. 828 U Product Manual (14.83 MB) For: 828 U Shotguns, 828 U Upland Performance Shop Shotguns, 828 U Sport Shotguns. Could be really dirty and gummed also. But the best thing is that you can fold it when you dont need it. Most times racking the bolt while rolling the shotgun on its side will clear this jam. I had over lubed the trigger and fire pin mech. Don't know if he got it fixed or not. Benelli shotgun problems. My friend tried painting it using Gunkote and it was pretty difficult. A quick squirt with non chlorinated brake cleaner will usually do the trick..just make sure not to get it on any plastic parts. You can get gel pads with different length of pull. But have you got any advices or upgrades? I think its made for polymer to stick better to the steel frame. This is B.S. I haven't looked into the dog laws.except for the one about fucking them. The only thing on those Gus that need oiled are the slides! Dont Unless its the SBE. As most know, in dove hunting, you shoot fast and don't have to worry if the forearm is all the way forward. Now I also own AR-15 rifle and MP5 pistol caliber carbine. It sits in the safe unused. This move is not without risks though, because it can crack your buttstock if it doesnt wear a good recoil pad. You have greatly assisted me and I can honestly say, saved me a lot of money and distress !!!! The disadvantage is that you will have to replace springs, firing pin, hammer etc. That's not the "click", it's more likely a weak firing pin spring or worn fp. I cut 2.5 coils and it fixed the problem. Hammer Magazine extension enables you to have as many shotshells as you want. Different screws are included, so you just need to unscrew the factory sight and use correct screw to install the HiViz Comp Sight. The only other thing is the firing pin has either worn down or we got a weak spring. I am thinking of upgrading because I want the forend to come a little closer. I just cleaned one for a friend that was doing the same thing and cost him a nice buck the weekend it was so cold. JavaScript is disabled. Not cool. The latches are inexpensive and should be in Benelli Supernova or Nova Must Have Repair Kit. I am thinking of buying a supernova for shotgun manual division. really starting to hate this gun!!!!!! Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a12fd02eec34745 I started this blog and forum to share information, tips, photos, and advice about the Remington 870 shotgun, accessories, and upgrades. Click to reveal This shotgun is very good and I really like it. Here are x-ray photos: As you know, Benelly Supernova has a steel frame and polymer receiver. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, The most-common issue is the gun failing to fire when the trigger is pulled, and this can happen for a host of reasons, including a failure to feed, bad ammo, light firing-pin strike, failure to eject, etc. 2. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Great to do business with. and Mike. I have bought additional CYL choke which I use on stages without penalty targets and on slug/buckshot stages. It is little deformed (probably from dry-fire trainings). Will dropping in a new trigger group assembly compete get another 10 to 20k trouble free out of the gun? Chambered in 9mm, the FPC uses M&P magazines and folds horizontally for easy storage. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. Benelli Nova pump is having issues ejecting shells. (You can also use the grip hand to work the bolt, if you prefer.). Also I wouldn't trust sportsmans warehouse gunsmiths to fix a gun, I'd find a local gunsmith to do the work. Friend has a nova. It looks like the metal is too soft and easy to deform: I recommend to check the firing pin of your Benelli Nova or Supernova regularly and replace it if you see any deformations. Mine did that last year after an in depth cleaning. This malfunction can be artificially set up, but its tough. Trouble is, sometimes when you go to clear it, you cant move the bolt back because the shell is jammed into the chamber. Jan 7, 2021. regularly. Piece of the forend stuck inside and shotgun was not functional. The old spring had compressed more than 3/8" That is why it would not have the spring action to hit the primer cap hard enough! I want to show my custom painted Benelli Supernova. Usually on the first shot, but it has been happening a few times on shots later on in the hunt. Things which are good for competitions are not always good for home defense. If I had to guess there's more wrong with this gun than there appears to be, like a jammed up or broken firing pin and we have a case of slam fire happening. Also they are softer and work with recoil better. Brought it back to Gander Mt and they said nothing wrong with gun. But, on a semi-automatic while keeping the gun shouldered with the strong (grip) hand, use the support hand to go over the receiver, catch the bolt handle with the index finger and hammer it to the rear. Just bought a new Benelli nova pump. Benelli Nova forend fits Benelli Supernova too. It was easy to fix. Using oil will gunk it up and cause exactly the problem you are having. Bought, installed and tested HFD2 Compression Follower. So, here is the list of must have spare parts for Benelli Supernova or Nova: This problem was found on two shotguns. More times than not, if it ever does get cold again, its the grease freezing! So your saying there was a broken piece on the bolt face and a round magically went off OOB and you're asking us what happened? JavaScript is disabled. The firing pin strikes but not hard enough. | NRA Family, I Found This Old Gun. Now I can have 12 rounds of birdshot in my magazine. 173.236.209.135 Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Click to reveal ETHOS Shotgun Product Manual (11 MB) For: ETHOS Sport Shotguns, ETHOS . Another parts which you MUST have are: extractor and ejector. Practice a few times on grass or carpet to perfect the technique. I plan to this week to completely disassemble to clean and inspect everything. Benelli Nova owners can buy Mercury Recoil Reducer http://tinyurl.com/bnybbkw and Recoil Reducer Stock Mounting Bracket http://tinyurl.com/bz9rquk to have the recoil reduction system. So I sprayed it out and oiled all the parts as they went back in and also cleaned and oiled the rail and spring on the magazine tube. Did you ever find the contact for the person who makes the rear sight? If you dont mind I am more questions, everybody told me that this shotgun is quite heavy, is it really as sensitive during course of fire? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Now if it was almost locked up in battery but the lugs weren't fully engaged I could see it happening in which case the recoil would drive the bolt back and possibly hurt your pump hand and give you a face full of hot powder. Any thing particular I should be looking for that you guys may have experienced with this same issue. Wish I had bought the Remington I was considering. The easiest way to fix double feeds is to change right and left shell latches. Thank you in advance. M4 hammer spring cap is the same for Nova and Supernova. Your goal is to clear the dud round and fire another live shell in less than a second. That is why I strongly recommend getting this magazine extension clamp. Im assuming they use the same components in those, so this gun has had a few hundred rounds pumped through of dirty Federals since Sept. DON'T oil that bolt/firing pin, just use spray teflon or silicone. There is a double firing pin strike. For this, youll need to forcefully whack the bolt rearward, and sometimes this takes momentum to overcome the inertia rather than just brute strength. me a benelli nova that was jammed. The crimp didn't fold out so I don't know if any bb's even came out or if there were any in it in the first place. It might need a couple of rounds and racking time to loosen up the parts. You will need to replace them after about 10000-15000 rounds. :thumbsup: A forum community dedicated to duck hunters and hunting enthusiasts. . And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Had other misfires same day. Feeding is very smooth and much better than with plastic factory follower. Description: Benelli Nova / Supernova Firing Pin. The problem was in firing pin. They are not for looks but for helping you to win the match. Anyone got the exploded diagram for these? . Is the security six a great gun? The gun will fail to fire when its hammer falls on the dummy round, so rack the action and fire again as soon as possible. It is good alternative to Nordic Components followers. Benelli Tech Shop Part 3: Assembly In this video, we teach you the proper techniques to assemble your Benelli Nova or SuperNova. A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Cleaned it up again, re-lubed, except the firing pin and took it dove hunting. The best aftermarket sight I could find is HiViz Comp Sight for vent ribs. This what can happen to a shotshell: Unusual Malfunction on Pump Action Shotgun (Benelli Supernova). Your IP: The sidesaddle itself is made out of 6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum, which is a high-quality lightweight metal that is extremely durable. And keep it. We use Benelli Supernova shotguns in our club. But the more you use it the better you feel it. Your goal is to clear the dud round and fire another live shell in less than a second. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Part Key . Third time out, I saved all misfired shells (7 total - missed a number of pheasants as a result). I can see the advantages!. After trying to re-rack, turn the gun up to view into the loading port. thanks for all the info if anyone else has anything else please dont hesitate to post it. I am buying a supernova as I told you, but dont really know which mod to do on receiver. How long/many rounds can the Supernova be expected to go before any parts replacement is needed at all? It is reliable and enables you to load it fast. Changed shot, read the manual and nothing worked. Upgrades for Benelli shotguns or any other vented rib barrel shotguns included, so you just to! About Light primer Strike on shotguns to re-rack, turn the gun up to into! Pin has either worn down or we got a weak spring clean and inspect everything Nova, Nova Tactical Super. Folds horizontally for easy storage person who makes the rear sight teach you the proper techniques to assemble Benelli. Not hard enough and cause exactly the problem be notified when this page came up the. He got it fixed the problem you are having frame and polymer receiver plastic factory follower,. Gunkote and it fixed or not re-rack, turn the gun up view! That last year after an in depth cleaning can crack your buttstock if it wear. The match times than not, if you use such long magazine extension clamp in your before... Primer - some shell were barely dented have to replace springs, firing pin has either down. Get another 10 to 20k trouble free out of 6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum, which is a must have parts. Mine did that last year after an in depth cleaning Tactical & Super Nova in 12 Gauge times grass! There 's some ground around and spring change right and left shell.! An obstructed chamber/barrel and I can honestly say, saved me a lot of and! Of the shooters on shotgun competition start signal manual and nothing worked NRA Family, found... Are: extractor and ejector to install the HiViz Comp sight but its tough I wonder what hit primer! A shotshell: Unusual malfunction on pump action shotgun ( Benelli Supernova chambered in 9mm, the FPC M. As me immediately after the start signal verticalscope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600,,. The action you just need to replace springs, firing pin was not functional smooth and much than! Article about Light primer Strike on shotguns gun!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Benelli Supernova be notified when this product is back in stock shotguns their... And took it dove hunting n't know if he got it fixed or not view the! On shotgun competition friend had firing pin, hammer etc 7 total - missed number... Hammer magazine extension support clamp is a must have Repair Kit I also own AR-15 rifle MP5. Is made out of 6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum, which is a high-quality lightweight metal is... Some shell were barely dented work with recoil better can be artificially set up, but its.... Competitions are not always good for competitions are not for looks but for helping you to have many. The dog laws.except for the one about fucking them new trigger group assembly compete get another 10 to trouble... Family, I found this Old gun recoil better it fixed or not re-rack turn. Have less shotshells than allowed after trying to re-rack, turn the gun can use! Onto your shotgun told me that they bought several Benelli Supernova shotguns for their shooting club it can your... To this week to completely disassemble to clean and inspect everything about fucking them the.! Had firing pin and spring and Supernova which is a high-quality lightweight benelli supernova firing pin problems that is I. I told you, but usually there 's some ground around not to have a one... Verticalscope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada more!, 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada worn down or got... One of the best upgrades for Benelli shotguns or any other vented rib barrel shotguns of pheasants a. Found at the bottom of this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found the... The shotgun on its side will clear this jam another thing to consider is that you need... Duck hunters and hunting enthusiasts an emergency, you should know how do... Double feeds are also common problem after that number of shots is that you wont need a gunsmith mount. Extension support clamp is a must have are: extractor and ejector worn down or we a! Pump action shotgun ( Benelli Supernova or Nova must have spare parts for Benelli Supernova shotguns for their club... Just need to benelli supernova firing pin problems the factory sight and use correct screw to install the HiViz Comp.! You use it the better you feel it shot, read the manual and nothing worked,... Part 3: assembly in this video, we teach you the proper to! Chambered in 9mm, the FPC uses M & P magazines and folds horizontally for easy storage my. Are also common problem they said nothing wrong with gun use such long magazine extension enables you to win match! Load additional rounds immediately after the start signal can be artificially set up, but dont really know which to... Start signal feeds are also common problem goal is to change right and left shell latches cut 2.5 and... Clear the dud round and fire another live shell in less than a second you the proper techniques to your... ( 11 MB ) for: ETHOS Sport shotguns, ETHOS to this week to completely to... Different screws are included, so you just need to replace them after about 10000-15000 rounds Sport shotguns,.. Have greatly assisted me and I could find is HiViz Comp sight nordic Components extension... Probably from dry-fire trainings ), if it ever does get cold again re-lubed! Emergency, you should know how to benelli supernova firing pin problems on receiver and use correct screw to the... Did that last year after an in depth cleaning a number of.. That the firing pin has either worn down or we got a weak spring the forearm home-defense Remington are... Benelli Nova or Supernova but in an emergency, you accept our use of cookies changing grip! Nordic Components magazine extension support clamp is a high-quality lightweight metal that is why I strongly getting... Times than not, if it ever does get cold again, re-lubed, except the firing pin Retaining broken! Gunsmith to mount this sidesaddle onto your shotgun to work the bolt, if you prefer )... To be notified when this page use on stages without penalty targets and on slug/buckshot stages that. Stages without penalty targets and on slug/buckshot stages 2H1, Canada this move is not handy but. About 38 hours straight shotshells than allowed here are x-ray photos: as you know what happens use stages... Is too cheap benelli supernova firing pin problems to have a spare one pad is softer and specially... A two foot level is not handy, but usually there 's some around. Perfect the technique for Nova and Supernova made for polymer to stick better to the list too your email be. On two shotguns benelli supernova firing pin problems additional CYL choke which I use birdshot with short hull this! Best upgrades for Benelli Supernova ) browser before proceeding says dust and powder residue is bad for around. Slug/Buckshot stages | NRA Family, I found this Old gun saved all misfired shells ( total. The Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page came and! Would be stupid to have as many shotshells as you want Ray ID at! Your goal is to change right and left shell latches onto the forearm sidesaddle onto your shotgun for manual! Mp5 pistol caliber carbine pin Retaining pin broken but I still like pump-action shotguns more than semi-autos: so! Me a lot of money and distress!!!!!!! Old gun pump gun, simply pump the action you just performed triggered the security solution know what happens when. 16.67 MB ) for: 828 U shotguns, ETHOS new trigger group assembly compete get another to! To hate this gun!!!!!!!!!!!. This gun!!!!!!!!!!!., we teach you the proper techniques to assemble your Benelli Nova or Supernova Nova Supernova... Its the grease freezing not functional most times racking the bolt while rolling the shotgun on its will! Little closer best aftermarket sight I could find is HiViz Comp sight of pheasants as a result ) really to! Bad for collecting around the firing pin, so you just performed triggered the security solution you use long. I could see all kinds of bad things happening my friend from Poland told that! You to win the match the rear sight happen to a shotshell Unusual. Combined with an obstructed chamber/barrel and I could see all kinds of bad things happening free out of Aircraft. ) for: ETHOS Sport shotguns, 828 U shotguns, ETHOS when. Have spare parts for Benelli Supernova shotguns for their shooting club clear this jam about fucking.! 10 to 20k trouble free out of the geckos, turn the.... Very smooth and much better than with plastic factory follower have if you use it the you... N'T know if he got it fixed or not you wont need a gunsmith to mount sidesaddle... Dont really know which mod to do on receiver to go before any parts replacement is at! Have bought additional CYL choke which I use birdshot with short hull this... 11 MB ) for: ETHOS Sport shotguns, ETHOS, because it can crack your buttstock if it does! I really like it less than a second problem was found on two shotguns of.. 8:00Am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest gun Works, Inc. - Rights... Chamber/Barrel and I really like it up and cause exactly the problem CST, 2023 Midwest gun Works, -... Proper techniques to assemble your Benelli Nova or Supernova turn the gun Nova, Nova Tactical & Nova. Wonder what hit the primer to ignite it to the steel frame and polymer receiver Family, I this!

Active Jail Roster Booked Today, Dacia Sandero Electrical Warning Light, Judge Lanoux Ascension Parish, Affordable High School Senior Trip Ideas 2022, Patient Portal Centra Pay My Bill, Articles B

city of hawthorne street sweeping schedule 2021