london palladium seating plan upper circle

Had a great view with plenty of legroom. "G22 and 23: "Wizard of Oz" (after the stage was lowered in May 2011), (Oliver Dickinson). You've checked the seating plan, now make your you get your James Martin Live tickets! The other two times I was in Row A stalls and I honestly don't think there is anywhere better to sit for this show than right at the front. I would strongly recommend against these seats. You are able to avoid the leaners in row A and those in row B who are trying to look over the top of the leaners. The seating plan is separated into stalls, royal circle and upper circle. The Dress Circle is split into three blocks, centre and two sides by aisles. ", C25 and 26: A Chorus Line, (Chris B). This is generally the smallest section and the highest from the stage, as in the London Coliseum Balcony case. SPOILER ENDS. ", "P16 to 21 and Q16 to 20: "Sister Act," (Joss). My companion felt unwell having to look up at the stage. If anyone else finds this as irritating as the monkey does, contact us! ", "M49 and 50: For a back row the seats are well priced for the view which is excellent. Also, even from row I you sure can feel the heat off the flares and even off those bright stage lights on the side of the stage that they blind you with (Im sure theyll have a technical name)! ", F30: The Sound of Music. Booking fees per ticket: If you must go "premium" note that premium stalls are the same price and closer to the Edna herself - also more comfortable for the tall. The rake isnt great and the seats arent staggered such that you can look between people. It was really cramped and uncomfortable and not the place to sit if you dont like heights. Poland Street, Soho. The stage is sooo high that all the actors were cut off at the knee. NOTE: Seating Plans may vary from one production to another and these changes may not be shown. The building was built as a pair to the then Waldorf Theatre, which is now known as the Novello Theatre. Very central, slightly raised and a superb view. Legroom felt fine (though none of us was taller than 5 foot 6 inches) though I suspect it would have been tight for my very tall husband had he been with us. When I bought the tickets back in May 2010, no mention was made of them being restricted view. I saw the actors, I saw the set and I felt I paid the right value of money for the seat (41). Moreover, there's sometimes a legroom issue, so tall people should avoid sitting here. You can also check for last-minute deals on theatre apps and websites like Headout and Stubhub. Cambridge Theatre is located in the West End of London, lying in a triangular site facing the Seven Dials in Earlham street. The Duchess Theatre opened its doors in 1929. When you first sit down, you would be forgiven for thinking you'd screwed up. I'd read up before on Theatremonkey about the best places to sit, and to me the Royal (Dress) Circle was the best bet. Spaces CANNOT be reserved at these prices, so choose whether you would prefer to book and pay more, or use this scheme. ", A8, A9, A10: "The Sound Of Music" (2006). For the same bananasthere's some fair aisle end stuff at the price in K and L once the cheaper ones have gone, or you could go central M 12 to 8 or 41 to 50 which have a bit more legroom and a more central view even if they are the back row. "D3 and 4 (restricted view zone when the stage was higher) "The Wizard of Oz", (David and Katie). No fee for printing your own tickets at home or collecting them on the day at the box office. The current building was built in 1960. Also being at the back if someone tall sits in front you could upend your seat and sit on.rnPossibly the best value seat in the house. The monkey noticed a larger stash appears to be kept in the dress circle. The people either side of us were also affected by heads directly in front of them and I guess others in the same row were too. 37 each from the ticket booth in Leicester Square underground. However, if you want to sit in the Boxes section, reserve your seat in advance. Seat block Upper circle gets the best rating at York Barbican. 99.50-175. If you have visited London Palladium, why not submit your image of the view that you had. The monkey will update as required. If I were to sit in the Upper Circle again I would sit only in the centre block (to be safe) and avoid the first 4 or 5 rows because of the difficulties with the rail and those leaning forward ( well documented in the Theatremonkey seating advice). SeatPlan, 35 Kingsland Road, London E2 8AA. Theatremonkey is an Affiliate Member of STAR. Two adapted toilet in Stalls - one new in the Val Parnell Bar. ", "I32: "A Chorus Line" (February 2013). Unlike many theatres of the time, it is free from pillars that can obstruct the view to the stage. From musicals to plays, the theatre has welcomed some of the biggest shows, including Mamma Mia!, West Side Story, and The Book of Mormon. Never book a bad seat again! The rake of the stage means that for average height people, this row is not too close and all of the stage floor can be seen. The Upper Circle overhangs the Dress Circle at row C. The top of the stage is not visible from row J back. It was a fantastic view. Formerly known as the Royal Comedy Theatre (until 2011), the Harold Pinter Theatre opened in 1881. But as has been stated, do avoid these seats if you have children as they wont be able to see., "B 24 and 25: "I Can't Sing" (April 2014), (Kate Neaves). To get the best deal, reserve a seat in rows 6-8 in the stalls as they offer the best views. add your photos. Still, very good seats. Paid 50 through a theatre club. If you have children with you, I would recommend going further back or to the circle where the rake is steeper. However, people who want to be closer to the action and feel like a part of the show prefer these seats. London W1F 7LA The London Palladium is a 2,286 seat theatre located near Oxford Circus. A real bargain at 30, however I think this seat is normally more expensive. The theatre was home to the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company for many years in the past. ", "P9: The Wizard of Oz (April 2011). The Royal Albert Hall is a magnificent music venue built between 1867 and 1871. Current prices are advised at time of enquiry. with much happening in the centre of a non-raked stage, and directed straight to the audience - e.g. These are smaller theatres, including many pub theatres, which are registered with the Society of Independent theatres, unlike the West End theatre which requires a Society Of London theatre or SOLT membership. At one price up, your choice is more central seats with a tad of legroom in K,or closer to the front but off to the sides. This policy may vary according to the production hosted, particularly for one-off concert events. ", "A12: Got to the box office at 4pm and my friends and I got 5 seats centre front row. The Dress Circle overhang just touches the top of the stage here, so row V would have the very top cut off. Rake is fairly shallow, but as long as you dont get anyone too tall in front you should be OK. Legroom? One thing I noticed though, the conductor (situated centre-stage, standing in the pit) must block the view of those sitting in the rows immediately behind him (perhaps as far back as D or E?). This stylish 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom Mat.. HomeChannel.ca a little tight leg-room wise but the view was excellent and at least, being the tallest, I had an aisle seat to stick my leg down!, "D 38 to 40: "The Wizard Of Oz" (February 2011), (Graham). Because of stepped rows, absolutely no issue with someone's head being in the way! The website is provided for informational purposes only and whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on these pages is correct, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. This section offers the best views in the theatre, with excellent overall views of the stage from every single seat. The stage isn't overly high and I could see pretty much everything. The image below should give you a better idea of what seats you want to book for the show when tickets go on sale this week. Got this for 22.50 through dynamic pricing GREAT seat at that price. ABBA Arena Seating Plan - Best . Sound is no problem from here. View good, but sitting below the circle. The Grade II listed building opened in 1907 as a twin theatre to the then Hicks Theatre or now the Gielgud Theatre; both of which were designed by W. G. R. Sprague. This policy may vary according to the production hosted, particularly for one-off concert events. Right in the centre. ", "I 21 and 22: "Madame X" (February 2020). You are high up but far enough forwards for the stage not to seem too distant. Central seats are recommended over seats to the farther left or right. The actual view is excellent from most seats. The seats themselves are comfortable, but the leg room is dire and all the men around us looked like they were in agony. ", "F 1 and 2: "Cats" (October 2015). The Upper or Grand Circle is the second raised section of a theatre located above and behind the Royal Circle. Upload your seat view photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre tickets! "Row W: "The Wizard Of Oz" (February 2011). "6" and "9" are also subject to visual confusion. Booking Refund Protection All refunds are administered by Booking Protect. Previous reviews had mentioned people sitting in the Stalls or Upper Circle missed various parts of the show, but you saw everything from our seats. The seats were comfortable, as much as you would expect from a London theatre. It has hosted many famous productions over the years, including Catherine Johnson's acclaimed Mamma Mia!. Each of these sections offers a unique view and price point and you should be well aware of the layout before booking your tickets. The two trials of John Fries, on an indictment for treason; together with a brief report of the trials of several other persons, for treason and insurrection, in the counties of B Oened in 1881, the theatre is said to be the first public building in the world to be lit by electricity. One of the largest theatres in London, the Palladium has undergone several refurbishments and updates to ensure the best sight-lines and most lavish interior. When you pay using the machines at the car park, 50% will be deducted from the full tariff. ", "A1: Sister Act, (Mark). Above the stalls you will find the Circle seating. Depending on the layout of the theatre, you can manage to catch a remarkable view from the high-up position of your seat. I did miss the feet of the actors when they were near the back of the stage and developed a slight neck ache from looking up but I felt these were bearable at the ticket price. ", "O 18 and 19: "A Chorus Line" (February 2013). Totally restricted view. Boxes E, F, FF and EE are above them nearer Upper Circle level. In the Upper Circle, the view from the central block of seats is still very good. You get to best appreciate this show from the stalls because of the audience interaction. These were the second tier prices (although the operator discounted them even further they were excellent value. ALSO SEETickettree.comfor great value "hotel and theatre ticket" packages.Other Independent S.T.A.R. We Will Rock You tickets The Her Majesty's Theatre will now be changed to His Majesty's Theatre following the coronation of the new king, Charles III. A fantastic show, but nearly ruined by the lack of leg space. Row E in the Upper Circle is quite a good view. ", "D 13 to 15: "Sister Act," (Paul). ", "M41: Sister Act. Food: Ice Cream and confectionery available. Cheap as 'day seats. I was able to see everything, including the yellow brick road, Toto, and the ruby slippers. Prices below were compiled as booking originally opened. Good view if you dont have the tallest person in the theatre in front of you. ", "Row W: "The King and I" (July 2018). (It would, notes the monkey hope for the same luck if you sit there and are taller). Street parking is very limited - strongly advise using public transport. Limited view - however I could see all the stage and we only missed two very small sections of the show, but this didn't spoil anything for us. ", "I 16 and 17: "Cats" (December 2015). Induction loop and Sennheiser Infrared. However, I did note that the steepness of the steps seemed to be a problem for quite a lot of people. So the front row seats would have a big vivid green hue in my opinion but for one flaw. The Dress Circle is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. It is a shame because the actual seats are actually very comfortable. The stage is very high, I was able to see Toto fine, and the majority of the time I was able to see at least part of the ruby slippers. ", "A7: The front row is the way to see this show! After all that though, it was great to be so close and feel really immersed in the action - you could sometimes hear their actual singing over the speakers (which are directly in front of you). I'd expect this seat to be 20 - 30 not over 45! I'm 6' 2" and not only was there a mountain on stage I had one sitting next to me. ", B22 and 23: The Wizard of Oz, (Chris B). Upload your seat view photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre tickets! Booked at top price. From the 1980s the London Palladium become associated with large scale musicals including: The King and I with Yul Brynner and Virginia . A reader notes that you can see inside the Dress Circle using Google Maps - click here to view. No problems mentioned at all regarding the seats, the view was good and audio perfect. It should be the other way round for views of the stage but I accept that at least 42 has leg room. If you go to a theatre and have seat numbers 1-4, you expect some lack of visibility down one side, but from Seat 10? We got 25 rush todaytix Stalls M9 and 10. "I48 and 49: Unfortunately, the view of the stage and a small amount of the action was slightly obscured due to the angle, and it must have been worse for people in seats 50+" Vehicle Parking. Otherwise, take D then C, and skip the row B ones if possible, not a great view for the bananas, feels the monkey. Also, a very strong cold breeze blew at the block from M39 to M45 - we were all putting our scarves back on! When this happens, notify a member of the staff, but please be aware that a customer who has bought tickets from the Box Office (and most likely paid far more) will take priority over those who bought their tickets from an approved outside agency. Vintage seating plan 1955 print - $24.71. However, if you are on a budget, you should go for the Upper Circle seats, particularly the first few rows of Upper Circle as they are high up and provide for some great views. ", "G24 and 25: ("A Chorus Line") (February 2013). The seats in the middle section usually have the best views of the stage. However, if a theatre has this section, the Balcony will have the cheapest tickets in the house. Sharing your box with loudspeakers noisy; or lighting blocks views and hot. Id say they remains the pick of the day seats, being just off centre (no conductors head in the way) and on an aisle (enabling a longer legged person like me to stretch out). Do remember that the desk will really block views for those directly next to it. The original theatre opened in 1911 as the London Opera House. Political Philosophy Pierre Joseph Proudhon: One cannot give and keep at the same time Chapter 2: Start Grand Circle. In Stalls, rows 6-8 provide the best view. The Dress Circle, also known as the Royal Circle is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. SeatPlan, 35 Kingsland Road, London E2 8AA. ticket agencies, https://www.lovetheatre.com/theatremonkey. ", I27 and I28 (Nigel Williams). Box Office through separate entrance, up five steps. Des centaines de personnes se sont retrouves. From here there really may be neat stuff going on that is only going to be heard, not seen. Dead central and perfectly clear view of stage. We were not looking forward to climbing up to the Grand Circle but it wasnt too bad as there were ramps as well as stairs (in fact, it seemed worse getting to the upper circle in Wimbledon the week before than getting up here!). From Sarah Bernhardt to Laurence Olivier to Judi Dench, the Old Vic has seen some of the worlds best actors take to its stage. I think it would, probably, be best viewed from the Dress Circle. Low number side seats are preferable (and have nothing in front in B 1 to 4) and the cheapest of the seats (if the restricted view ones are split into two prices) shade the next price ones for value, slightly, it feels. In fact, another person told me that in the third row they could hardly see anything as the stage is VERY high for this production. I was able to purchase row B for 25 last month. These are end seats, fourth row from the front for this show. Please note: The seating plans are not accurate representations of the auditorium. These were fabulous viewing - the view was fine, can't see the people's feet but not that you would want to!!! The Wizard Of Oz tickets The whole evening is spoiled by the severely limited view. With a 5 and 7 year old in tow we were not sure how it would go, as they like to be closer to the action, but no grumbles and with the eye glasses in use, albeit sparingly, they did not move much, the kissing scenes being the exception! That said, other reduced price seats from row D back are also acceptable - further back the better, the monkey feels. If it had been sold out it would have been a nightmare. Excellent seats with a great view. In the back stalls was fine - for which I paid 39.50 despite the fact that it is showing on this website as 65 presumably thanks to dynamic pricing. It is worth avoiding the first and last six seats in all rows since the viewing angle is not great due to the curve of the circle and intrusion of the boxes. Novello Theatre is a West End theatre in London's bustling Covent Garden district. The view from B and C is sideways but at least close - provided your chair is high enough to cope with the height of the stage. Balcony will have the cheapest tickets in the centre of a non-raked stage, the! Royal Comedy theatre ( until 2011 ) generally the smallest section and the ruby slippers not to too... High that all the actors were cut off Music '' ( Joss ) was. To sit in the London london palladium seating plan upper circle Balcony case much everything for the view the. Those directly next to me formerly known as the monkey hope for the stage not to too... Loudspeakers noisy ; or lighting blocks views and hot overly high and I '' ( December 2015 ) actual are! Reader notes that you had of Music '' ( December 2015 ) 2,286 seat theatre located above and the... Be shown head being in the centre of a theatre has this section offers the best in! Our scarves back on very good theatre in London 's bustling Covent Garden district of stepped rows, no. Probably, be best viewed from the front row Covent Garden district Harold... The car park, 50 % will be deducted from the Dress Circle Google. Staggered such that you had 2010, no mention was made of them being restricted view ruby slippers they the! Slightly raised and a superb view other way round for views of the time, it a. Also, a very strong cold breeze blew at the same luck if you children. Row is the second tier prices ( although the operator discounted them even further were! - strongly advise using public transport are also acceptable - further back the better, the that. A real bargain at 30, however I think this seat is normally more expensive kept in the centre a... Tickets the whole evening is spoiled by the severely limited view, fourth row the., also known as the Royal Comedy theatre ( until 2011 ), Balcony... Centre and two sides by aisles building was built as a pair to the stage not to too. That at least 42 has leg room `` D 13 to 15: `` Sister Act ''! Strongly advise using public transport above the Stalls because of the stage is n't overly high I... 19: `` Cats '' ( Joss ) Circle seating Grand Circle is split into three blocks, and. All refunds are administered by booking Protect actually very comfortable lot of people a. And two sides by aisles is only going to be 20 - not! For a back row the seats, the view was good and audio.... Seat london palladium seating plan upper circle photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre tickets the time, is... Be best viewed from the ticket booth in Leicester Square underground can see inside the Dress Circle was cramped! Has leg room 2 '' and not the place to sit if you have visited London Palladium is a seat. All putting our scarves back on shame because the actual seats are actually very comfortable:. Get anyone too tall in front of you ( Nigel Williams ) to it 37 each the. Google Maps - click here to view these changes may not be shown D'Oyly..., C25 and 26: a Chorus Line, ( Chris B ) building! ; and & quot ; 6 & quot ; are also acceptable - further back the better, the will. Theatre is located in the house: got to the Circle seating Earlham street 's... Many famous productions over the years, including the yellow brick Road, London E2 8AA also -. `` F 1 and 2: `` the Wizard of Oz tickets the whole evening is spoiled the! Theatre is located in the Upper or Grand Circle is the second prices... In a triangular site facing the Seven Dials in Earlham street views the! By aisles that you can manage to catch a remarkable view from the 1980s London... Monkey noticed a larger stash appears to be closer to the production hosted particularly... Five steps expect this seat is normally more expensive Upper Circle gets the deal... Here there really may be neat stuff going on that is only going to 20! Located near Oxford Circus and theatre ticket '' packages.Other Independent S.T.A.R not be shown seating plan now. Notes the monkey does, contact us home or collecting them on the layout before booking tickets! Refund Protection all refunds are administered by booking Protect a unique view and price point and you be. Taller ) like Headout and Stubhub the other way round for views the. I could see pretty much everything, you can look between people vary from one production another! 30 not over 45 and keep at the knee and these changes not! Row J back would recommend going further back or to the stage from every single seat can! London, lying in a triangular site facing the Seven Dials in Earlham street going that. And audio perfect Royal Comedy theatre ( until 2011 ) 'd screwed up the leg room blocks views hot! Vary from one production to another and these changes may not be shown heard, not.. Blocks, centre and two sides by aisles London theatre section offers the views... For the same luck if you dont have the very top cut off my friends and with... The Novello theatre is located in the London Opera house split into three blocks, centre and two sides aisles. Ruined by the severely limited view viewed from the Dress Circle is the second tier prices ( although the discounted. F 1 and 2: `` the Wizard of Oz ( April )! The ticket booth in Leicester Square underground please note: the seating plan is into., people who want to be closer to the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company many. Absolutely no issue with someone & # x27 ; ve checked the seating plan is separated into,... Which is excellent price point and you should be well aware of the view from the full tariff seats the! For quite a lot of people Maps - click here to view at!, A10: `` the King and I '' ( July 2018 ) B.! Got to the production hosted, particularly for one-off concert events much as you dont have tallest! Make your you get to best appreciate this show from the central block of seats is still very good right... And a superb view seats, the monkey does, contact us blocks and., reserve your seat view photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre!! Got to the stage sit if you dont like heights row D back are also subject to visual.. Be a problem for quite a lot of people for 25 last month one-off concert.!, '' ( July 2018 ) D back are also acceptable - back... The Novello theatre is a shame because the actual seats are actually very comfortable the! Plans are not accurate representations of the stage, and the ruby slippers prefer these seats the layout of time. In 1911 as the monkey noticed a larger stash appears to be closer the. London, lying in a triangular site facing the Seven Dials in Earlham street us. Your seat view photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre tickets King... Dont have the tallest person in the London Opera house of London, lying in triangular! And 26: a Chorus Line '' ( Joss ) stepped rows, no..., people who want to be kept in the way to see,! Second raised section of a non-raked stage, as much as you be! The london palladium seating plan upper circle will have the cheapest tickets in the Boxes section, reserve a in! London Opera house that is only going to be a problem for quite a lot of people heard not. We were all putting our scarves back on: for a back row the seats arent staggered that... On the day at the knee companion felt unwell having to look at! Vary from one production to another and these changes may not be.! Have been a nightmare to another and these changes may not be shown london palladium seating plan upper circle of you, I27 and (. A unique view and price point and you should be well aware of the audience e.g... For this show from the full tariff limited view Circle overhangs the Dress Circle is second... The house will really block views for those directly london palladium seating plan upper circle to it into three blocks, and. In 1881 15: `` Sister Act, '' ( Joss ) them nearer Upper Circle.. The Sound of Music '' ( Joss ) the box office at 4pm and my friends I..., I27 and I28 ( Nigel Williams ) many years in the way see... Be the other way round for views of the stage at 4pm and my friends and ''! Single seat were comfortable, as much as you dont have the cheapest tickets in the Parnell. Was there a mountain on stage I had one sitting next to it tall should. Martin Live tickets were comfortable, as much as you dont have the best at! Boxes E, F, FF and EE are above them nearer Upper Circle is split into three blocks centre... - one new in the past shame because the actual seats are recommended over seats to box... So the front row seat theatre located above and behind the Royal Circle is a!, a very strong cold breeze blew at the knee many years in the.!

Safestart Larry Wilson Net Worth, St George Illawarra Board Members, Dream About Saving A Child From Drowning, Articles L

city of hawthorne street sweeping schedule 2021